Rental Requirements: All renters must have a valid driver’s license, a Major Credit Card, and must be at least 21 years of age. Proof of Full Coverage Insurance is required at the time of rental. No Smoking is permitted in Mungenast Alton Toyota Vehicles. A $100 fine will be applied if there is evidence of smoking, as well as the use of heavy cologne, perfume, air fresheners, etc. Fuel charges will apply to any vehicle not returned with a full tank. Upon signing, the rental agreement is a binding contract. Therefore, the renter/driver is solely responsible for any damages while the vehicle is in their possession. We Do Not offer Collision damage waiver insurance.
- – Unlimited Miles on all vehicles
- – No charge for Additional Drivers
- – Non Smoking Vehicles
- – New Model Vehicles only
- – Weekend Policy: Pick up Friday Evening 4-6 pm and Return Monday by Noon. Charges may apply for late returns.
- – Special Seasonal Rates will affect Pricing. Check out our Specials Tab!
- – All prices include Tax.
Rent a Toyota FAQ
What is Rent a Toyota?
Rent a Toyota is a vehicle rental system available only through Toyota dealers. Rent a Toyota was designed to assist dealers in offering quality, temporary transportation for their customers. Whether you need a service rental or an insurance replacement vehicle, Toyota has you covered. Retail rentals are also available for extended test-drives or special travel plans.
Why should I choose Rent a Toyota instead of another rental company?
Unlike other rental companies, Rent a Toyota is Toyota dealer based. This means that not only do you have an opportunity to rent the latest model Toyota, but you get the quality customer service of a conveniently-located Toyota dealer.
Are Rent a Toyota rates competitive with other rental agencies?
Yes. Toyota dealers are committed to satisfying current and prospective Toyota owners. We are able to provide very competitive rates since the vehicle and the facility are part of an existing Toyota dealership. Check with your local Rent a Toyota dealer for exact rates.
Can I rent a vehicle at one location and return it to another location?
At this time, the vehicle must be returned to the Rent a Toyota dealership where it was rented. Check with your Rent a Toyota dealer about off-site pickup services.
Can I rent any Toyota vehicle?
Participating Rent a Toyota dealers have a wide variety of the latest models available for rent. Please check with your local Rent a Toyota dealer for available models in your area.
Can I rent from any Toyota dealership?
You can rent from any participating Rent a Toyota dealer. To find your closest participating dealer, click here.
Can I buy the vehicle I am renting?
Absolutely. Most Rent a Toyota vehicles are available to purchase after their short four-month in-service period. Please check with your dealer for details.
Can I take the vehicle I rented into Mexico or Canada?
Rent a Toyota vehicles are allowed in the continental United States, Alaska and Canada. Rent a Toyota vehicles are not covered in Mexico.
Are there age restrictions on the person renting the Toyota?
Yes. You must be at least 21 years of age to rent a Toyota vehicle. Check with individual dealers for exact age requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
You need a valid driver’s license and a major credit card in your own name to rent a vehicle in the Rent a Toyota program. Proof of full coverage insurance that will transfer to the rental vehicle will be required at the time of rental.
Notes about licenses:
- – A valid license from the Renter’s state of residence or country of origin is required (i.e., must not be expired, must not have any restrictions).
- – An International Driving Permit or license is acceptable but is not required.
- – A military license is acceptable as long as it is accompanied by the Renter’s state of residence license, as well as proof that the Renter is on active duty.
- – A Learner’s Permit is not an acceptable license.
- – A temporary license, permit or application for a Driver’s License may be acceptable. Always check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles to verify that such paperwork is valid and has not expired.
- – Some states will hold a Driver’s License after a ticket has been issued by police. This ticket is not acceptable.